Happy New Year's!

December 31, 2011 @ 5:53 pm

Wow, my winter break is 3/4 over but it feels like it barely started. Which is strange because this is the first year where the state universities here are extending out breaks by 1 more week (so we have 4 weeks instead of 3 weeks). Well, I suppose if I had to begin school next week, that explains why every year I feel so unprepared and not nearly ready for school. Maybe this year with the extra week I have left I'll feel a little more prepared. :p

I don't make New Year's Resolutions anymore, but I still like reading other people's as long as they're mildly interesting rather than the typical answers that are either impossible or just so cliché such as: "Lose 50 pounds," or "Spend more time with friends and family." So honestly, I don't have any New Year's Resolutions, maybe just goals along the way that I might come up with. ^_^

2012 – that is an amazing number to me. Because back in 2008, I remember graduating high school and thinking, "Wow, I am now the class of 2012. That feels so close yet so far away." And, well, in less than one day, it will be 2012.

Oh right, I still have to write about so many things (including my birthday and Christmas and etc). Hopefully many more blog posts to come. I really need to become more motivated to blog on time and more promptly rather than letting things pile up. Maybe that should be my NYR? Naaaaah, let's just call it a goal. Hahaha :D

Anyway, yesterday I went shopping with my friend and we ended up buying clothes!!! That deserves 3 exclaimation marks because I haven't gone shopping and bought clothes for myself in sooo long. Using birthday money for the win! $_$ I really wanted to buy a dress with sequins on it in honor of New Year's but sequins by the armpits make you itch like a dog with fleas. -.- Afterwards we had revolving sushi. There's just something about revolving sushi that I love. It's not always the best quality but it's just so fun diligently watching the food come around on a conveyor belt and fumble to quickly grab a plate before it passes you by. Oooh, did I just make a life metaphor right there? :D

Happy 2012!

6 Responses to “Happy New Year's!”

1. Georgina says:

I kinda like reading other people's goals as well. I sort of like to see if they have similar goals to me and compare. xD

I graduated from high school in 2008 and I can't believe how long ago that was. Since, I've finished a Bachelor degree and I've been working a lot. Haha.

I haven't bought clothes in a really long time but I'm also really picky with them, and don't like clothes shopping too much. It's nice when you pick up something for a good bargain though.

I love watching the sushi go around on the belt, we call it sushi train. It gets boring when you see the same ones coming around though. xD

2. Becca says:

I like reading other people's resolutions as well, I guess to sort of compare. I think it's kind of fun to see when other people have the same goal as you. Or maybe have a completely opposite goal of yours. :P I used to make those silly resolutions about losing weight, etc. until I realized I was just setting myself up for failure. I love food too much. xD

I swear, sometimes our views are so the same it's bizarre. I like to call my NY's resolutions "goals" instead. :P And I do the exact same thing. Something important happens and I'm just all, "oh I'll blog about it later," except I never end up doing that. So I fail to blog about the important things I guess, lol.

Happy 2012 to you, too, Kim! :)

3. Dianne says:

i don't like having new year's resolution too.

I always get disappointed whenever I don't achieve it. LOL

4. Hannah says:

Omg revolving sushi sounds awesome :D Although I'm a little hesitant eating sushi that has been standing out, I have to admit.

My winter break is almost over, too. I only got two weeks :( You're so lucky to get four :P

Happy new year!

5. Amanda says:

Haha omg I can't wait until I'm in university and I have a nice long winter break XD I had such a short break this year T.T

I hope you had an awesome new years! I still can't believe its 2012. I remember in 2009 everyone was wondering how they would make the new years glasses since there would no longer be the 2 zero's for the eye holes (i don't know if you would call them eye holes XD; not sure of the terminology)

REVOLVING SUSHI :O That's the best! XD

6. Luna says:

That's cool! I've given up on making NYRs just because I keep breaking them. I might as well go with the flow and make goals instead! It feels like — the more I write resolutions, the more I break them. :( Ugh, so bad. Totally a bad habit, haha!

But anyway, goals are better. It makes you inspired. ;) And also, I think that blogging more often will be part of my 2012 goal. Yay! Good luck to us then. ;)

Oh, shopping. :( I wish I could also do that. I've been so busy last month shopping for other people's gifts. :| I hope I can also have a "ME"-time soon. Glad you were able to shop for new clothes. :D