Spring Nails

April 11, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

I decided to paint my nails with an easter/spring theme last week. I love painting my nails (if you don't already know) because the process is fun for me, and the outcome makes me happy every time I look at my nails. ^_^ I went with a pastel green color with white polka dots and a little chick on my thumbs.

Spring Nails

The green color is called Mint Sorbet by Sally Hansen. It came into mind because two weeks ago I painted a friend's nails, and at first she chose my Mint Sorbet color, but as soon as I applied it to one nail she freaked out at the bright color and decided to go for a less extreme color. :p I decided pairing the green with some white polka dots would make it look softer and tone down the green a bit. I went for the chickie on my thumbs because when else will I be wearing yellow?! The white egg shell kind of tones down the yellow as well. I'm loving this polka dot deal; I'll probably do it more often to spice up plain nail polish if I don't do any designs!

P.S. My camera is still M.I.A. (but probably gone forever by now), sadly. However, I put my noggin to use and realized I could use my really old camera that I first had in 7th grade (that was 8 years ago!). It's missing some screws and has the battery life of 3 minutes max, but it gets the job done if I want to post a quick picture to my blog like this.

9 Responses to “Spring Nails”

1. Michelle says:

Ooh those nails are so cute ;3

2. Julia says:

Those nails look so cute. Normally I do not like nails done. But you did them well. Good luck on your old camera.
    My recent post Hello world!

3. Courtney says:

So sad that you're camera is still missing, but at least you have a back up :) Recently, my 13-month-old son broke my camera's screen, so now it's really hard to see what I'm taking pictures of :( I'll have to shell out the money for a new one one of these paydays…

Your nails turned out so cute!!! :D I don't bother painting my nails anymore because with the baby, I've had to keep my nails really short :( When he was 2 weeks old, I accidentally scratched his head, HUGE scratch from like the front of his head all the way back and he just screamed like I was stabbing him! :( after that, I decided to keep my nails short!!! When I was pregnant, I did my nails really cute for Christmas, painting them red with a white snowflake on my thumbs and big toes (I made my toenails match!!) and then dots on the rest of my fingers and toes :) It turned out really cute :)
    My recent post Feeling Like a Home

4. Marinella says:

Your nails are really lovely. How do you do that?
    My recent post Firmoo Eyeglasses Review

5. tiff says:

:O

You're nails are soooo adorable. I would love to so something similar to this. *Sigh* I love nail art. Great job on it!

Also, sorry to hear about your camera again. It really sucks that you were never able find it. :(
    My recent post Pastel Cuties

6. Clarisse says:

Your nails look so nice! I wish I could do cool things to my nails, haha, but, as it is, all I can do is paint on solid, plain colors, and even then I'm struggling!
    My recent post Project “Star Wars”

7. Kim says:

Awww, your poor boy! It must have been a blood-curdling scream :'( Your Christmas nails sound really cute. No worries, you'll be able to deck out your nails again someday soon! :D

8. Kim says:

Aww thank you! <3 Honestly I was really bad at it at first, but it just takes some good polish, some patience to slow down your strokes, and practice :D

9. Kim says:

Hey hey, if anything, you've got that awesome polymer clay thing going on for you – that's definitely a good dose of cute! :)