I usually don’t make new year’s resolutions for myself anymore because I never follow through with them. I might want to give it a try this year only if I can think of some resolutions that are more realistic and easily attainable. Big, general goals without little markers for improvement are just too overwhelming.
Live a less stressful life. Not only is my life already stressful, I am also so easily stressed out…a recipe for mental and even bodily pain. My body hurts and I can just feel my well-being deteriorating. I need to do what I can to lessen the stress, and there are a few things that are not exactly easy but really doable.
- Allot an extra 15-30 minutes so that I don’t have to stress out about being late. This may need to be in conjunction with sleeping earlier or sacrificing for some sleep deprivation a few times.
- Start things early. I need to start making smaller timelines, and more frequent or earlier deadlines.
- Take deeper breaths. When anxiety hits, just take deeper breaths.
- Get a massage quarterly.
Lead a cleaner life. The physical clutter does disrupt my state of mind. It also adds to my stress when I can’t find something or I’m relocating a pile on the bed to the floor just so I can go to sleep.
- Spend just 30 minutes a day picking a few things up as a mental break from work.
- Spend just 1 hr a week doing laundry instead of having to do multiple loads after being backed up.
- Get ready for bed by 10pm. Most of the time there’s no need to eat after 10pm anymore.
Do you have any goals or resolutions for the year?