Quick Fact Sheet
- Name: Kim
- Age: 27 years old
- Gender: Female
- Location: Asian born in and living in America
- Fav. colors: Purples (especially lavender), baby blue
- Fav. food: Sushi
- Education: College graduate, currently in grad school
Other things of mine
- Food blog
- Entertainment (Record of things I have watched, listened to, or read)
- My Nails
- Creative writings (FictionPress)
- I love eating good food and look forward to giving new places & dishes a try.
- I love watching movies (I mean, most people do). I take great pleasure in finding good movies that are less well-known.
- I have a huge soft spot for cute animals. Loved ones know me as the bird girl because I have a special affection for birds (aka floofy puff balls!).
- I can’t do math very well even if my life depended on it.
- I had Sailor Moon posters hanging in my room for most of my life: about 20 years.
- I love warm weather best, but I love rain when I am cuddled up in my bed or sharing an umbrella with my significant other.
- I think toes are weird.
- I like playing some video games and MMORPGs.
- Although I don’t participate in them much these days, I have always enjoyed singing and acting (theater and choir) and writing.
- I love being creative and making new crafts.
More about me
I think I would consider myself as someone who is both a homebody and also someone who is (sparingly) a social party girl. There are times when I like staying at home and watching a marathon in my PJs; other times, I like going out dressed to the nines, clubbing and drinking with friends & strangers. Most of the time, though, I enjoy going on simple or lowkey dates with my boyfriend, or going into relaxation mode at home (my favorite activities being cooking, crafting, movies, anime, reading, browsing the web, and games). A lot of simple things make me happy. I am a huge foodie, as you’ll find in my food blog.
I am super loyal and kind to people who reciprocate, but I admit I am openly cold to people who offend or wrong me. Sometimes upon first impression, I can seem really shy. During my childhood, I was one of the shyest people. Over time I grew more comfortable, and grew into what I believe is the “natural” me: someone who likes being around people. Overall I am very quirky, sometimes funny and sometimes very hyper. And yes, I have my stupid moments.
Throughout my lifetime I’ve had various career goals: artist, veterinarian, writer, doctor. I picked up writing towards the end of elementary school. I loved it and I did well with it for many years and even to this day I still have a love for writing. I hope to continue writing for my entire life even if it isn’t something I can pursue a career in. Writing in general just really relaxes me – which is why I love Faded Out so much!
School has been a rough endeavor, but I pulled myself up from the hole I was in and made it in time to graduate in June 2012 with a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology at a university. Just when you think it couldn’t be harder, then comes graduate school. This is still just the beginning, and I hope to achieve more in life.
This website has been a part of me after all these years, despite how much I’ve changed over time. It has always been a form of self-expression and a place for me to do something other than the usual grind. I chose the world of science as my education and career path, and this website is my channel to creativity and writing opportunities I wouldn’t have otherwise. I’ve gone from being active on my website every day to being on hiatus for months, but here it is, still standing strong and I’m still pushing onwards. That means my website is a very special place to me, and since you’re here, you get to share some of the experience with me :)